We hope you love to hear about our sugar babies as much as we love to talk about them! Thanks for visiting our blog. ~Imperial Family
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Three is the Magic Number
It has been a few months since I posted and thought it was about time. As you know, I have had my hands full with baby #3. On May 3rd, we welcomed Sabrina to our family. Yes, we had some tantrums and a little jealousy still creeps through, but all in all the girls love being big sisters. I love this picture because it's the perfect snapshot of my life. We are all doing different things but are still a unit: Mia - the observer, Sabrina - too small to keep up, Livvy - content doing her own thing, and Mommy just keeping her jewels close.
In addition to their never ending concern for Baby Rina, they are very sweet with each other. I often hear one of them consoling Sabrina when she cries, saying "It's okay" while rubbing her head. And they ask each other when they fall or just lose it, "You okay?" and the other answers, usually after a deep breath, "okay". My hopes are high that I will have some very considerate and thoughtful young ladies one day.
As can be expected with two year olds, they are busy bodies and into everything. In a short two week period, they managed to get into a small jar of Vaseline, baby oil, and Boudreax's butt paste. It took several hair washings with dishwashing liquid and cornstarch applications to soak up the Vaseline and just a few days of patience to eventually get their hair back to normal.
As predicted, Mia is the little mama. She wants to do everything for Sabrina and will let me know when I can "helper". "I do it" is a common phrase from both Livvy and Mia. They are getting so independent! Now that Sabrina is awake more, they spend more time talking to her. It is very sweet. It's funny, before Sabrina arrived, I still thought of my twins as my babies. But seeing them next to Baby Rina really puts into perspective how much they have really grown.
We have been enjoying our little break from school and as tired as I am, I love having all 3 with me. Livvy and Mia are taking swim lessons and are really taking to the water. Last year, they either loved or hated being in a pool, no in-between. Now, they are all about water. That plus my MOPS bible study is keeping us busy and social.
Hopefully, I will soon be able to get my schedule situated to take Sabrina to Gymboree and that way all 3 of my girls will get their mommy time and mommy still gets to get out. That may wait until girls are back at school in August. We will be busy this fall, MOPS starts back up and so does my Familia class. It will be interesting to see how I do juggling all this with my 3 angels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment