Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fall Back

Well, thank goodness for the time change, I theoretically have an extra hour to play with tonight. Since, I missed my October post, I will use that extra hour to my advantage. The girls are still growing way too fast. Miss Sabrina is now 6 months old: babbling, rolling over, sitting up in a tripod, and now is a Gymboree baby! Mia and Livvy are just becoming little ladies before my eyes. 

Livvy is just the funniest little specimen. She has this sense of humor that is ingrained, you can't teach it. When you as her to bring you something, she asks "this?" with a gleam in her eye, knowing full well that is not what you're asking for. Sometimes she even pretends to pull nothing from behind her back.

Example conversation:
Mommy: "Can I have the remote?"
Livvy: "This?" (holding up a toy)
Mommy: "No"
Livvy: "This?" (holding a comb)
Mommy: "No"
Livvy: "OH! This?" Smile even bigger.


Mia on the other hand is all about what she wants.

Mommy: "Do you want apples?"
Mia: "Mmmm, how about strawberries?"
Mommy: "I need to buy some. Want grapes?"
Mia: "Mmmm, how abouuuuut .... ummm strawberries?!"
Mommy: "We don't have any."
Mia: "Mmm, okay, apples. Mommy buy strawberries."


They are loving gymnastics, or nastics, as they call it. Mia is definitely part monkey. Her ability to climb and swing on the rope astound me. She even pretends to be coach Kim at home. The other day, Mia put a clipboard on the floor. Walked across it, holding her arms out. Then turns to Livvy "Can you walk across the bridge?" Then, demonstrates again. "Like that, can you do that?"



And they are still quite the performers. They used to just think they knew the words to songs. Now they are singing along almost completely accurately. And of course, Sabrina thinks she is singing with them too. The big girls sing to her on a regular basis. They love their Baby Rina. Who, Mia occasionally calls, Sabrina now. ~Sigh~




New favorite words and phrases:
*That's silly
* How about ...
*Next song. I don't like this one.
* Bye-bye door
* Thank you much
* empty ... no more "all gone"


No comments:

Post a Comment