We are getting closer and closer to the new baby arrival, which means that we are getting more and more "I can't do it", "Mommy do it", and yes, even the classic "carry me". It's also setting in how much we need to do. Got stuff for the nursery, bedding, crib, accessories but still have to make time for the disassembling and relocation of the guest bed and the time consuming painting. I recently red this quote: "If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" ~ Milton Berle.
| Notice the pensive pose. |
| Can you see the smile that is starting? |
In other news, look who has discovered the comedic power of sticking out her tongue! She knows with just a small appearance, she can have an entire room in stitches. Sabrina's personality is coming out and she is quickly becoming the ham that reminds me so much of Livvy. Let's hope that she doesn't inherit Livvy's tendency for tantrums too. Among her tricks, Sabrina can repeat just about anything you say, instigates peek-a-boo like a champ, and is walking like she has been doing it since the day she was born! She follows her sisters everywhere, especially the bathroom. So in case you were wondering, girls going to the bathroom in groups, it's an ingrained habit, no need to teach it.
I am so proud of my big girls, after our Spring Break potty training boot camp, they are still going strong. They even stop requesting candy or a treat after each bathroom visit. And, knock on wood, they are going without me!! They just get up from bed or from playing and go. Gone are the yelling announcements "Mommy, I have to go potty", "Mommy, I want to flush", "Mommy, I need to wash my hands"... you get the picture. Behold the sense of independence that comes with picking out their own panties, Minnie House and Princess are their favorites.
| Dancing to "Just like a Rockstar" |
| Yes, they included Sabrina into their club. |
Their memory is astounding me. Whenever we see a commercial clip of Fresh Beat, they announce that we are going to see them. Then, add "in one month". I have to start a days countdown. They have always sung along to songs as if they knew the words but now they really do. Below are some of my favorite moments caught on film. The song on the tv is "What are you feeling?", a Signing Time song. We don't watch this on a regular basis anymore, so I love that they remember the signs.
| "Surprise!" |
| They hug when they finish a song! |
| Grumpy sign, she isn't making the face though. |
Last but not least, the funny things that come out of their mouths..
...Still popular :"I'm not silly anymore"
...Asserting independence: "My do it!"
...Reminding you it's her turn: "How about me?"
...Telling you how it's done: "Mommy, like this! Not that."...Emphasizing seriousness "Mommy, don't laugh. Don't smile, mommy!"
No comments:
Post a Comment