Thursday, September 6, 2012

Twas the Night Before...

As I sit here typing, I know I will get little sleep. Not because my little ones aren't feeling good or are awake even, they are all snoozing. You see, it is the eve of our first MOPS meeting of the year and I am a little giddy. I was a stay-at-home mom a whole year before I ever even heard of MOPS. Then, at a Parents of Multiples garage sale Ricci recruited me and I thought, "why not, worth a try". Recently while I tried to recruit a former coworker, I told her that now I couldn't imagine my life without it. She had already chosen another MOPS group closer to home. Not that it was in my plan, but obviously in God's plan, in my two years of being a member I have given birth twice more. The support that I have received has been priceless... the prayers, kind words, play dates, extra doting arms, maternity clothes loans, meals.

In fact it was at a play date that I was able to slip away to my doctor's appointment, leaving my 3 girls in safe hands and good company. The tell-tale appointment, that confirmed I did not have the flu but that I was, in fact, pregnant. Nicolas was almost a month old and I still had meals being delivered. Words just can not express how much easier that made my life with a newborn + 3 others.

So, all these extra steps I took tonight before going to bed or Nicolas' next feeding were done with excitement, not stress.

Clothes and socks laid out for all 4.

Fruit cut & in labeled ziploc bags for snacks.

Diaper bag is visible.

Contents have been reviewed and content restocked appropriately.

Sabrina's bag is in close proximity to refrigerator for easy packing.

Twins' aprons are in the car, eliminating chances of forgetting them at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment