I love that the twins are old enough to understand Christmas this year. They are full of questions, singing Christmas carols, telling stories. They use the phrase, "it's about Jesus". Just as well known now, is the presence of Santa. They understand it's a time to spend with family and celebrate what we have in our lives. So, they were the ones who requested to decorate the tree with "little balls", for some reason, they are not taking to the term ornament.
So goes the tradition of telling stories about each and every ornament that we put on the tree. Some did not survive the trek up and down from the attic and that made me sad. Daddy has strict instructions to keep them in the garage, like we did before.
Here's a sample in no particular order.
 |
| Erin and Angela, our girls weekend when you were in Dallas and I was in Amarillo. Sniff, broken. March 2003. |
 |
| Little stockings given to Sidney when he worked at Lasik Plus, while I was pregnant with twins. |
 |
Not original ornament, that one broke but the this is the original ribbon
from our wedding day favors. |
 |
| My first Phi Mu ornament, probably circa 1994. |
 |
While we were still newlyweds we spent New Years in Atlanta while Sidney completed
a rotation there during his 4th year in Optometry school. |
 |
2007 The first year in our new home, our first house.
Pottery Barn sold the perfect ornament to commemorate that big year. |
 |
| Tea kettle Suzanne added to my collection, straight from her trip to China. |
 |
| Our 7th anniversary December 2006, spent in Jamaica, when I defied the "no days off last day before Christmas break" rule. |
 |
| Paris, June 2002 ... to celebrate Sidney's graduation from Optometry School. |
 |
| Washington D.C., November 2006 - quick visit to Vishal and Bhavana, pre-engangement. |
 |
| Boston - December 2004 - 5th anniversary get-away |
 |
| Marks my first girls weekend - Charleston, S.C. with Kristin and Heather ... 1997? |
 |
Maui, June 2008 just before our "last" IVF procedure (#5) ... it worked!
Knocked up with not 1 but 2 babies. |
 |
Phi Mu ornament collection continued.
|
 |
Philadelphia, November 2006 where the teacher in me loved our time at Independence Hall and seeing Liberty Bell.
|
 |
Seattle, December 2005 6th Anniversary get away ...
best crab dinner I have had to date! |
 |
| London, June 2002 Sid and I took the train from Paris for the day. |
 |
| Bermuda, August 2007 trip before school year, after failed IVF #3. |
 |
| Bahamas, March 2006 Spring Break trip, a surprise trip from Sid. |
 |
| March 2005 - Ireland ... love, love, love this country. |
 |
Another Phi Mu ornament, ribbon broke, now hang it by a hook.
Still haven't figured out how to fix the one that looked like old Headquarters. |
 |
International Balloon Fiesta, Albuquerque 2002
While I recounted each place we visited or event, Livvy and Mia would ask, "Can I go there?". I promised we would. We have made quite a future family vacation list. Happy decorating to you!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment