Monday, April 1, 2013

You're killing me, Smalls!


Getting Daddy's autograph. 

Bouncing break.

2nd attempt at a Bluebonnet pic.



After bath fun, actually sitting still.
Note: Started this yesterday in hopes of getting a March entry in, just under the wire. Didn't make it.

I have said it before and I will say it again, my girls are just too much. The four year olds definitely are more articulate and that makes them gigantic smarty pants! Olivia keeps threatening to tell on Bubbie to me. If Bubbie does something that Olivia thinks I would not like, she says "I'm going to tell." and something along the lines of "She'll see when she gets home". Exact wording escapes me. She even tells on her Daddy, well she did once but it was hilarious. They were upstairs cleaning up the play room and Daddy threw something across the room. This is a "no" in Mommy's rules of order. Throwing is for outside. So, Livvy yells down to me, "Mommy! Sidney is throwing!". I corrected her to call him Daddy, of course. Then, to not tattle. But really, I was cracking up. If only she recognized this authority as much for her than for others. ~sigh~ She is going to be t-r-o-u-b-l-e. But I am not telling you anything you don't already know. In fact, while I sat in this chair typing she lowered the chair by pushing the lever. Then, hear, "Oops, sorry". That and "it wasn't me" are phrases I am getting all to familiar with, accompanied by her cute little smirk. Aye-aye-aye.
This is the girls telling me
"take a picture".

Big sis, lil' bro fun.

Yee haw!! School trail ride day.


Mia, is proving to be more and more like her control-freak momma. If things are not going according to our set rules. She not only corrects the person, usually Livvy. Often, Sabrina. From time to time, Daddy. But when said person does not comply she gets very distraught, tears commence then the heartfelt tattle, that comes out in sobs... "But mommy, Livvy is sitting too close!!!". I am in denial and convinced myself that it is all out of concern for her sister's well- being and eyesight. At the same time, she is growing into such a little girl, she's not my cute toddler anymore. Still cute, you know what I mean. While Livvy is the prankster, Mia is really just my giggler. You could use her as a plant in any audience. She may not be telling the jokes but she enjoys them. Just this past week,I was talking to my sister and said "I don't know, I need to google it". She was next to me, fell on her back, kicked her legs, and laughed uncontrollable. Every now and then, you would hear her say "google?!", then continue her hysterical laughter.
Look at my arabesque. 

Parkway Egg hunt

Monkeys jumping on the bed.
Dance Works.

Miss Sabrina, she will not be left out. She is talking so much and very declarative. Boy, can she belt out those no's. But what I think is even funnier are her yesses. The y sound is not articulated very well yet. So, now it comes out "shh-yes. I find it almost as cute as her exaggerated nodding that she used to do just a couple short months ago. Sabrina while she is catching on to signing and her vocabulary is growing, she is not yet two and still has trouble communicating sometimes. So, she chooses, the slamming things down, or hitting you when she doesn't get her point across. Now, I know I am not supposed to say this but her upside down smile, yes, her frown, is soo darling. I sometimes just sit back and watch her in her hissy and think "she is so darn cute". I do fear that she is following in Livvy's footsteps and has a natural ability to taunt. She singles out Mia when she is not following in her every footstep. Love/hate relationship? Hmmm. Something to think about.
Got that egg!

Mia and Rina holding hands
at Parkway festival.
Rina, pulling Livvy to help her swing.

Nicolas is growing way too fast!! Again, you know this. My big guy is crawling, really crawling. Up on those hands and knees, he is babbling up a storm. The other day he actually said "banana" for me and Mia. Yes,  I know he was only repeating the sounds we were saying. But it was clear as day and made us laugh for a good 5 minutes, while we tried to get him to repeat it. His smile, oh, the joy in his smile. There just are no words. I can't explain how his whole face lights up, I mean his cheeks glow. I know I sound crazy. Sabrina is so his guardian. In the car, she watches him from her car seat and repeats "Hi, baby. Hi baby Las" over and over. When he cries, she pats his back, "sh, sh, sh, it's okay, baby Las". ~sigh~ Love these babies!!!

Action shot.

Sitting up from belly,
on his own.

Buddies,  Rina and Nico.

Laughing, does that a lot.

There's that glowing smile.




 Here are just some random favorite pics of mine over the last month. Thanks for indulging me.
Bugle fun at dance class.

Just can't keep eyes open with a ball
headed straight for her.

Cuddling with mommy.

No, Mommy. I got it.

Bouncing eggs!

Confetti eggs. Yay! 
Baby down!!!
Uncle Eric, there's something on your cheek.

Thanks, Livvy. I like it.

This is how we roll. Walking around the hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment