Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Beach Babies


After a couple of summer colds and fevers, we were finally able to make a trip to the beach. We missed the other cousins that were there on Memorial Weekend but we had a good time all the same. As usual, Mia is fearless and ran straight to the water. Livvy, always watching, is not far behind! It was so fun to watch them get excited by the waves. As usual, they tried to eat sand and drink the water. Gotta keep your eyes peeled all the time!!!



These girls are talking up a storm and believe you me, they have their own language. They are already conspiring to do things together! The "see what I can do" antics continue with removing diapers while they sleep. But now, they do it together. It's like one of them says "look, like this ..." and the other follows suit. Now, who is the ring leader? That is the question. 


                                              The tradition continues of finding multiple uses for items. When together, these blue and yellow semi-circles are a sphere with shape cutouts. But in my girls hands, they are the latest trend in hats!


Another new talent of my girls is one of a dramatic nature. Whenever Livvy wants to be picked up she summons you with both her hands. It makes quite the picture. When she is happy it's adorable. When she is crying, she looks like she is begging. And Mia is my soap opera actress. When she gets upset, she often flees to the opposite side of the room, turning her back on you to cry. Then glances over her shoulder at you. Sometimes, she leaves the room and other times she hides her face. But she always comes back or peeks to see how you will react to her crying.















I leave you with my funny for the week. I caught a humorous moment on the monitor a couple days ago. Background: When the girls go down, they each have a lovey and 1 small stuffed animal in their cribs. I usually find these on the floor in the mornings, I guess they toss them when they are done cuddling. Back to story: I was watching Mia on the monitor and I see her take the lovey and hurl it out of her crib. I think okay, she didn't feel like cuddling with it tonight. Then I switch cameras on the monitor so that I can see Livvy's crib. Low and behold, her crib is packed with 2 loveys and 2 stuffed animals.  Mia has been throwing them into Livvy's crib. They are too much!




No comments:

Post a Comment