Despite summer still holding on with 100 degree temperature highs, the Imperial girls all have colds. Of course, you wouldn't know it except for the occasional elevated temperature or the runny nose.s. My big girls are as entertaining as ever. But little missy (Sabrina) is just pitiful. There is not a more pitiful sound than the mouth breathing of a 4 month old, especially when it gets raspy. I absolutely hate that there is so little that I can do about relieving those symptoms for her. Except, of course, squirt saline solution up her nose and suck out all the mucus with a bulb syringe. Good times. Thank goodness she is too young to remember this torture.
Speaking of little missy, she has now learned how to jump in her doorway jumper. She bends those knees and pushes off like a pro. In no time, she will be an expert just like her sister Livvy. We couldn't get her out of that thing. And little missy is laughing out loud like a little girl. It's just too sweet.
The things coming out of my girls mouths are still cracking me up. Not because they are inappropriate actually quite the opposite. I have mentioned before that I am hearing the back and forth conversations that make sense. And the pearls just keep coming:
* When I tell Mia that we are out of something, she tells me "You gotta buy some"
* Livvy comes downstairs without Mia, Mia yells for her sister "Livvy!". Livvy answers "Mia, downstairs!". Mia responds "Okay" then comes downstairs too.
* Aunt Bubbie wants to hold Mia and she doesn't just say no, her response is "No, I want my mommy."
* Lots of "Come on", "Let's dance", "I want to play", "I'm coming!"
* I was putting saline in their nostrils yesterday and Livvy put up a huge fight, big surprise! It was so funny, she is squirming, I am pinning her hands that keep swatting at the bottle. I finally get a couple drops in and she smiles at me and says "That's it?" Classic.
* Mia is my parrot and is constantly repeating the directions I give, usually to her sister. It's better than hearing her repeat "crap". :)
| Last time we saw this trashcan, it was a drum. |
| Peek-a-boo, I see you! |
We have started school, gymnastics and MOPS, finally settling into a routine. And then the illness hits to throw us for a loop. Let's see how we recover. More stories to come!
| Like my mohawk? |

No comments:
Post a Comment