Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day





Father's Day was fabulous. I had so many ideas brewing in my head. Thanks to Erin introducing me to Piggies and Paws, we have a wonderful keepsake picture using the girls footprints hanging in the study. With the help of Candace, my personal paparazzi, I was able to create an awesome picture book of the girls enjoying Daddy's favorite sport, golf. On a mini scale that is. Boy, was it hot! I was even able to impress daddy with some golf lingo in the captions. Thank you Bing.com.

Funny side note, a couple of times in the last couple of weeks the girls have been shy around Candace ... until she pulls out her camera. It's as if, they didn't recognize her without it. Coincidence?  I think not. hehehe


We have been able to enjoy play dates at the pool. My girls love the water. I really need to get to swimming lessons scheduled. There is no fear, just like at the beach! Even when we are in the water, it's h-o-t out there. So, we don't last all that long but it is nice that we have such fun pools in the neighborhood.

I know I have said this before, but Livvy is getting much closer to walking. She's taken a couple of steps, then realizes what she is doing, then gets on all fours again. So, I am trying my best to just let it happen and not pressure her. Easier said than done, especially when I see that she is right there! 





We have some new words in our vocabulary, they include: don't, stop, and my favorite, up and down. When you say up and down they will act it out. Pretty sweet. Mia is pretty close to saying Jacob. Of course, they don't speak much in front of others, so, it makes mommy look like a liar. That's okay, I can deal.






We had a fun play date today with Hope and Isabelle. They mainly oohed and aahed at Isabelle but there was real interaction with Hope, not just parallel play. It's so great to see these changes and developments. Tomorrow, we get to see Courtney & Kendall and Harrison & Hunter. The best thing about play dates at this age, we all know, is that the moms get to visit! Just ask Sidney, I am positively giddy about being able to see so many friends this week. It's been too long.






1 comment:

  1. Tooo cute! And AWESOME pictures!! You'll have to post or send me a picture of the gift from Piggies and Paws! I want to see how it turned out - maybe for Ryan next year!

    ReplyDelete