Sunday, July 11, 2010

Chatter boxes


The girls are less and less babies everyday. They talk to each other and they understand each other. It is something else to watch, you can really see the conversation take place, the back and forth and taking turns. And they seem to answer when asked a question.


As you can see, they are showing more and more interest in stuffed animals. It's pretty adorable when they hug them and carry them around with them. And of course, now they are starting to fight over them too.

Livvy is really starting to walk. She is taking more than one or two steps. She actually walked across the living room yesterday. When she is frustrated, she reverts back to crawling. After all, she can do that at lightning speed!

Sidney's new favorite way to torture me is to joke about the girls pageant days and that someday mommy will have them on Toddlers and Tiaras. Let me rest all your worries right now, that is not going to happen. Boy, he loves telling people that though. Those of you that know him know he's kidding. But not everyone does. But now two of their new favorite toys from Ally's hand-me-down dress up box are, of course, the 2 plastic tiaras.

It was a busy, busy weekend. So many of you asked about the girls. I knew I was overdue an update. So here you go. One interesting thing, Dad was on duty yesterday while I was at Salsa Luncheon and let me tell you, they are full-on Daddy's girls this weekend. When he tried to go to the gym, Livvy was holding on to the legs of his shorts. Then he picked her up and tried to hand her to me. She held on to his shirt with both hands. Didn't want Mama. It was actually a pretty sweet moment. I think Sidney enjoyed it. A funny Mia tidbit, she says "Hi--ii" every time we pull into our driveway. It's as if she is greeting our home.
We are practicing going up and down the stairs. I may actually have to start working out again if I am not carrying 40 pounds up and down the stairs. I leave you with a cute shot of synchronized stair climbing or should I say, race to the top. I think it really was a tie.

1 comment:

  1. Eva that last picture is sooo cute! :) I'll have to talk to you about how you're teaching them to go down. We've been way to nervous to even let Hope try to go down the stairs...

    ReplyDelete