This weekend was not without its bumps. I was amazed by the greed I witnessed at our neighborhood Easter Egg hunt (by adults) and disrespect shown by other adults while shopping for Easter. One look at my girls smiling face or little hands trying to break into the eggs and I know it's all worth it. On a side note, the high school volunteers restored my faith in people. They were so courteous and worked for us so diligently Saturday. I even witnessed my Asian volunteer (teenage boy) give that bow of respect whenever I introduced them to another mom from my neighborhood Moms and Kids group. Totally restored my faith that my girls are going to meet genuinely nice people in this world.
Saturday was our neighborhood hunt and festival. This is the first day, the Texas heat and humidity decided to make it's debut. The girls did not last long, I sent them home with Daddy while I worked the rest of the festival. But they did get some bonding time with their cousin, Kobe.
Sunday, Easter mass. We got the last two chairs in the cry room. Missed the drama of someone hitting (then leaving a business card) a car in the parking lot at 7 o'clock mass, thank goodness. But then the little princesses developed a fever. So we missed the Garcia cousins at Aunt La's house. :( Luckily, they were back to normal after their naps.
No comments:
Post a Comment