Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Week as a Single Mom

Daddy has been working in Albuquerque for most of the week, which left me to fend for myself. I know what you're thinking, "you're a stay-at-home mom, that's what you do". That's kind of what I thought, but it's so not the same when Daddy doesn't come home during lunch to give me a break, put them down so I can eat dinner, or be the one to get them in the middle of the night. To make things even better, they are sick. We thought we were so careful last week when I was sick but not so much. Thank goodness for Dr. Grandpa.

So, as it goes with siblings, first one is sick then the other. We did make it to Mother Goose time at the library Tuesday and I managed a dinner with 3 of my favorite ladies Wednesday. Then the fevers started. I ask you, do these girls frolicking in our front yard look like they are on the verge of illness? I think not.

As always, I am most grateful that we made our way back to the Houston area because my family is such a blessing. I did not have a shortage of hands to help me out or phone calls and emails of everyone checking in to see how everyone was feeling.

That brings me to my funny of the week. When Dr. Grandpa came to check up on them today, Mia was doing her usual entertaining the grandparents. Spatial reasoning definitely not developed yet, no matter how small the space, Mia thinks she fits. Dad was on the floor, leaning on the couch and she kept trying to walk behind him. Dad, of course, would lean forward. So, she would do it again. It quickly became a game and she would stop and lean back on him. Her hands are on her head because she is mimicking Grandma's fake cry when the girls won't come to her. Funny, funny girl.

Livvy is such a trooper, you wouldn't know from this picture that her temperature was 101.7, only .1 lower that it was this morning. That fever is holding steady. Hopefully, not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment